Sunday, July 6, 2014

Beautiful coast day!

I had such a beautiful blissful day on the Oregon coast yesterday with my husband, my son Clay and his friend, Gabe. We went to Tillamook to stock up on lunch fixings and snacks then on to Cape Kiwanda in Pacific City. My sons both love this place for the giant sand dune! It is humongous. My husband said like a 6 story building but actually it is as tall as a skyscraper. Hundreds of people were at the beach but it was so friendly and happy, it was not bad at all. Families were digging in sand and playing frisbee and wading in waves and checking out the little tide pools on the rocks. We even saw two whales spouting! That was pretty exciting. A 17 month old little boy played give and take with us with his treasures he found on the beach with his grandma. I think they were the remnants of an old dog ball but he was pretty stoked. I think it was Gabe's first visit to the big dune so Clay was so happy to show him how to conquer the sandy mountain. They went up and down twice and I....well, I waved enthusiastically from below. I got a bit of a sunburn on my nose but that is my own fault for forgetting my silly hat. Nothing a little aloe gel won't soothe. We really needed a getaway and it was breezy and sunny but not too hot. We got ice cream, of course! And a nice iced coffee for the drive home. We shook out the sand from our pants legs when we returned home and promptly crashed. The sun wears you out!
Aren't we lucky to live so close to the Oregon coast?

The color of the sky against the beautiful rocky formations was unreal. 


Clay and his friend Gabe wade in the cold water. ONLY TO YOUR KNEES, GUYS!


When I first took this photo, the light was so bright I did not realize Clay's hair was making a mustache.

Bliss on the dune, man. Bliss on.

No comments:

Post a Comment